The Walkabout is a one-of-a-kind service for high level administrators which provides detailed insight into how to maximize campus assets to influence enrollment. During this one- to two-day session an expert campus planner works directly with the institution’s president and senior-level administrators to
- Review strategic growth initiatives.
- Walk the campus, including a windshield survey of remote areas.
- Review the history of architectural planning and growth, providing an executive reaction to current or projected plans and discuss inherent values and weaknesses.
- Discuss the most pressing planning issues such as renovation, new architecture or town/gown interaction.
- Review the condition of competitive elements that assist in recruiting: residence halls, campus center, health and fitness center, food venues, etc.
- Suggest a strategy for planning and designing the next improvement efforts: review methodology, process and possible outcomes.
- Conduct an exit interview to review observations, make first recommendations and discuss the future.
After the Walkabout, our clients have a more complete view of how to leverage the existing competitive advantages of their campuses as a cultural landscape and a clearer understanding of best practice process when considering new improvement efforts. All findings summarized in a written report. Below is a list of selected institutions that have benefitted from the Walkabout:
- Mars Hill College
- William Peace University
- Central Methodist University
- Marywood University
- Eckerd College
- McPherson College
- St. Andrews Presbyterian College
- Central College
- Olivet Nazarene University
- Valley Forge Military Academy & College
- Augustana College
- Sandhills Community College
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- The University of Mary
- Monmouth College
Click here to read testimonial of R. Thomas Williamson, Ph.D., Past President of Westminster College.
To learn more about the Walkabout, contact Celli-Flynn Brennan today.